We at the North American Title Group family of companies take your privacy very seriously. This Notice is being given on behalf of each of the companies listed below1 (the "North American Title Companies"), as well as on behalf of North American Advantage Insurance Services, LLC. It explains our policy regarding the personal information of our customers and our former customers.
OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
The North American Title Companies
1. Information North American Title Companies collect, and the sources from which we collect it: On forms related to your real estate transaction, North American Title Companies collect personal information that you, our affiliates or third parties have provided to us, such as, for example, your name, address, and sale price of your home. All of the information that we collect is referred to in this notice as "NAT Collected Information".
2. What information North American Title Companies disclose to our affiliates: From time to time, as permitted by law, the North American Title Companies may share NAT Collected Information with each other and with North American Advantage Insurance Services, LLC ("NAAIS") about customers and former customers. You may ask us not to share NAT Collected Information among the North American Title Companies and NAAIS by writing to us and letting us know at: North American Title Group, Inc., Attention: Corporate Affairs, 700 NW 107th Avenue, Suite 300, Miami, FL 33172. Your request will not affect NAT Collected Information that the North American Title Companies are otherwise permitted by law to share, such as, in certain circumstances, NAT Collected Information related to our experiences and transactions with you.
3. What information North American Title Companies disclose to third parties:
" If permitted by federal law and the law of your state, we may disclose some or all of the following information to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf and to certain unaffiliated insurance companies with whom we have joint marketing agreements: your name, current address, purchased property address, and closing date.
" We also may share NAT Collected Information about customers and former customers with other unaffiliated third parties, as permitted by law. For example, NAT Collected Information may be shared in certain circumstances (A) with companies involved in servicing or processing your account (B) with insurance regulatory authorities, and (C) with law enforcement officials, to protect against fraud or other crimes.
4. Your right to access your personal information: You have the right to review your personal information that we have on record about you. If you wish to review that information, please contact the local North American Title Company office identified on the title insurance product to which this notice is attached or where you received this notice and give us a reasonable time to make that information available to you. If you believe any information is incorrect, notify us, and if we agree, we will correct it. If we disagree, we will advise you in writing why we disagree.
North American Advantage Insurance Services, LLC
1. Information North American Advantage Insurance Services, LLC ("NAAIS") collect and sources from which we collect it: NAAIS collects personal information about you from you, our affiliates, or third parties on forms related to your transaction with NAAIS or a North American Title Company, such as your name, address, or information about the property that is or will be insured. We also receive information from companies, which compile and distribute public records. All of the information that NAAIS collects, as described in this paragraph, is referred to in this notice as "NAAIS Collected Information."
2. Information NAAIS may disclose to its affiliates or third parties: NAAIS may disclose NAAIS Collected Information about you or others without your permission as permitted or required by law, including to the following types of institutions for the reasons described:
" To a third party or an affiliate if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us in connection with an insurance transaction involving you.
" To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency in order to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction.
" To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency for either this agency or the entity to whom we disclose the information to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you.
" To an insurance regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other governmental authority in order to protect our interests in preventing or prosecuting fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities.
3. Your right to access and amend your personal information: You have the right to request access to the personal information that we record about you. Your right includes the right to know the source of the information and the identity of the persons, institutions or types of institutions to whom we have disclosed such information within two (2) years prior to your request. Your right includes the right to view such information and copy it in person, or request that a copy of it be sent to you by mail (for which we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our costs). Your right also includes the right to request corrections, amendments or deletions of any information in our possession. The procedures that you must follow to request access to or an amendment of your information are as follows:
To obtain access to your information: You should submit a request in writing to: North American Title Group, Inc., Attention: Corporate Affairs, 700 NW 107th Avenue, Suite 300, Miami, FL 33172. The request should include your name, address, social security number, telephone number, and the recorded information to which you would like access. The request should state whether you would like access in person or a copy of the information sent to you by mail. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within 30 business days to arrange providing you with access in person or the copies that you have requested.
To correct, amend, or delete any of your information: You should submit a request in writing to: North American Title Group, Inc., Attention: Corporate Affairs, 700 NW 107th Avenue, Suite 300, Miami, FL 33172. The request should include your name, address, social security number, telephone number, the specific information in dispute, and the identity of the document or record that contains the disputed information. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within 30 business days to notify you either that we have made the correction, amendment or deletion, or that we refuse to do so and the reasons for the refusal, which you will have an opportunity to challenge.
We restrict access to NAT Collected Information and NAAIS Collected Information about you to individuals who need to know such information in order to provide you with your product or service. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect NAT Collected Information and NAAIS Collected Information about you.
1The North American Title Group Family of Companies are: North American Title Company; North American Title Insurance Company; North American Title Alliance, LLC; North American Title Florida Alliance, LLC; North American Services, LLC; North American Exchange Company; North American Title Agency; North American Abstract Agency; North American Legal Services, L.L.C.; NASSA, LLC; North American Real Estate Group, LLC; Benjamin Management Group, Inc.; North American Title, LLC; and North American National Title Solutions, LLC.